Jun 28, 2011

Crunch time

Our dyeing date is set for the 23rd of July. That's not far off. I was interrupted in my massive carding adventure by the stench of the dog (see previous post), so I still have POUNDS to card. I intend to take some fleece, some batts and some spun to the dyeing adventure, but that means I have much more to card and quite a lot to spin ... and I think I'm the world's slowest spinner.

I guess it doesn't help that I've been limited to my jumbo flywheel and bobbin, making those twists ever-so-much-more effortful. Once I get the new standard flywheel and bobbins stained and ready, I'll be spinning at lightning speed (in theory, anyway). And I'm sure I'm overtwisting, so if I make the uptake faster, I'll have less twist ... and faster spinning!

Update on the dog ... he's mostly not stinky, but if you let him breathe on you, it's gross. We figure he has the spray up his nose, so every time he breathes, he smells it, and it gets out into our air too. There's nothing we can do about that, so we just have to hope that his mucousy nasal passages cure him soon. Poor boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment