May 26, 2017

Little things

Could they be any cuter? They're made from the preemie-sized pattern for the Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman. I should have had something for scale so you could see how wee they are. They're done in worsted weight, so they should actually fit a newborn of full term, but they need a blocking first. And they need buttons. I used a 4.5mm needle as recommended in the pattern for a newborn size with worsted-weight yarn, but I might use a 5mm needle next time.


They're made from leftover yarns and were quick and easy to do. I would just caution a person to mind the instruction for the ssk abbreviation - it's not what you think it is.

I also finished the Casual Friday cardigan for me (except for the buttons) and I've worn it a couple times, but I don't have a picture yet. I deviated from the pattern because my gauge was WAY off and I didn't want to change my needles or my yarn. I rewrote the pattern in consideration of my gauge, and I finished the sleeves without additional decreases at a 3/4 length with seed stitch. You'll see.

Camping last weekend, I saw a shirt with a very interesting design on a young girl. I'm going to sew one up this weekend and we'll see how it turns out. I have a great piece of fabric that I've been dying to use.

Happy Friday!



.

2 comments:

  1. Those are sooo cute! you need to go to Button Button, I was there last week, new owner, and she is amazing... Can't wait to see Casual Friday. We could go do a photo shoot again. What colour is your hair. I will find a matching background...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to Button Button but they were on our yarn crawl a few years ago. I really should go!

      I'll see if I can get the kid to snap a few pictures this weekend. It's going to be so sunny! My hair will match the sky this weekend. :O)

      I'll be back to the Kootenays toward the end of June, but maybe just for one night. I do want to get out there this summer, though. Maybe toward the end of August.

      Delete