May 6, 2012

A knitter? YES!

It has taken a while, and it has taken a few forms (straight needles leading to claims of awesomeness without evidence, and then fingers), but we have now discovered a knitting loom and believe that we may have a full-on knitter in the future.

There was a lot of resistance to this loom, let me tell you. "I finger-knit. I like that. I don't want to knit on a loom."

"It's just like finger-knitting, although you only have four fingers and the loom has many more. You can make wider things."

"I don't want to. I won't use it."

"You're scared of change. I see that now. We're going to sell the house, move, and change your school. That will get you used to change. Then you'll use the loom."

"Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I'm going to ask Daddy."

Later that night, we cast on. Baby steps. And now look at her go!

No comments:

Post a Comment