Sep 30, 2012

Getting in deeper

Oh my goodness. I was lucky (?) enough to be called "Yarn Bitch" by my Mum's cousin because of my obsessive love of yarn, and now that obsession has gone two steps deeper:

1. I set up a dye studio in my basement. I'll be selling on Etsy soon, but I need a bit more time. How much? I don't know. It could be later in October or it could be in January. There are a lot of details to iron out. There's a lot to think about and plan when it comes to selling hand-dyed yarn! It's all superfun, though. I wish I didn't have to spend so much time on my other job so that I could putter around in the basement all week. That seems scandalous, though. I need my job. It keeps me sane on a different level. Okay, it partly contributes to my madness, but it also keeps me sane.

2. I just bought a loom. It's the Schacht Cricket Loom (15 inches) and I got the 12-dent reed for it as well. OMG, I'm so excited to get that little student loom and start cranking out ... stuff. My 12-year-old is right into weaving, so she'll be all over it as well.

Mmmmmmm, yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment