1. When quilting, easing is necessary or you get weird foldy bits from excess fabric in one spot or another. Kind of like gathers. If you follow the three-foot rule and don't look too closely, you won't see that sort of thing.
2. One regular and one extended episode of Sons of Anarchy are not enough to bind a 55inch square quilt by hand.
3. Corners are really tricky. It's best to watch a person in person or on video because verbal instructions are difficult.
4. Modern quilting, as a concept, is not an easy thing to grasp. I'm catching on, though. It's a little bit of turning the traditional askew.
5. Whereas I had no second quilt ideas when I was initially sewing this one up, I now have cut and/or planned a Christmas table runner, a baby quilt, a Christmas swap item and a quilt for my niece. And so it begins.
6. I had no real stash to speak of, but I've started picking up odds and ends that appeal to me. And so it begins.