Dec 23, 2015

not quite something

It's finished. It's small. I don't know what it is. So it's not quite something. It's bigger than a placemat, though. Probably as big as two. This is what happens when you 'do something' with your leftover fabric - you get what you can out of it and nothing more.


I included the dog for scale.


And here's the back - a lovely lavender Jinny Beyer small-scale print that I got from my Nan.


This not-quite-something goes with two pillowcases and is destined for a teenager's very stylish bedroom. I figured it would be a small bed-topper, like a decoration. Just there on top. My family thought it was too small. I think she has a queen-size bed. So since then, I've come up with:

  • A cover for the piano seat, or part of it
  • A decoration for the window seat, maybe to sit on
  • A quilt to sit under stuff on the desk (it would overhang)
  • A quilt to sit on the chest of drawers

Really, the recipient can do whatever she likes with it, but I want to provide some options so she doesn't go, "Hm. Pretty. What am I supposed to do with this?"

(I haven't done anything to help this thing be a wall-hanging. I don't think she'd be into that.)

Yeah, so, there's that.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment