Apr 22, 2015

about the blog url

I've had a couple people ask me why my blog's url is so long and weird. Not the guy today, though - he didn't think anything was weird about it. It occurred to me, though, that I should explain it, since no one seems to know the reference.

Did you have that Sesame Street album with Bert and Ernie on the cover? The sing-along?
http://www.amazon.com/Sesame-Street-Bert-Ernie-Sing-Along/dp/B0041XRIY8

There's a song on there called The Limerick Song and that's the one.

Ooooh, ABC, 123, pigs in a tree
Don't ever sit on a woodpecker's knee
ABC, 123 fiddle-dum-dee-deee
Come on and sing-along with me


Combined with that, I heard another version that included a limerick about a man from Peru. It's not part of the original song from the Sesame Street album, so I'm not sure why it's the verse that is stuck in my head the most. 

There was an old man from Peru
who dreamed he was eating his shoe.
When he woke in a fright
in the dark of the night
he found it was perfectly true.

I'd love to point you to an online video or sound file, but you'll have to buy the record. You really should.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment