Feb 14, 2016

order

Ahhhh, project day! And not a planned project day either (that may have been overwhelming so I let it hit me spontaneously).

I finally finished cutting up the scraps to get them under control. This is all the widths going into individual baggies. I'm so happy with this organized state. The 2.5x2.5-inch squares are stacked separately and I have a plan for them now. I'm going to sew them to a 2.5-inch strip of white and then press them and cut them apart. Then they'll all have a white buddy and I can play with layouts and see what sort of scrappy wonderfulness I can come up with.


I started today by quickly sewing up some fleece for lining the guinea pig cage. They have some, but another set was necessary. I hope they enjoy their new mango-coloured bedding.

Then I moved on to the camping ponchos. We had bought $5.99 'beaver blankets', knowing that we'd need three for the ponchos and a fourth to fashion hoods for them. My husband grew up in Beavers/Scouts, so he is delighted to be able to use these type of blankets again. I even had 2/5 of a blanket left for our wee doggie to lie on.


After that, I whipped up a quick burrito-pattern pillowcase using some Batman flannelette with a plain black cuff. Daughter can never have enough Batman.

I made a larger sized knitting project bag and the coolest thing about this flannelette fabric is that it looks like knitting! It's perfect and I love it. I got the fabric at the January destash that was conducted at my modern quilt guild meeting this year.


After that, I decided that I couldn't make anything work the way I wanted to with my leftover purple-and-green rail fence blocks. So I'm going to make a table runner. Who doesn't need a purple-and-green table runner?


And in the middle of all that, I did some grocery shopping, picked up bubble tea and Starbucks and made escargot. Oh, and I watched a movie and did some knitting. What a day!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment