Oct 27, 2014

freaking out

So here's a wee recap of the goings-on since the blocks were all built:

1. I went to A Great Notion and got a new blade for my ancient rotary cutter. I also got a walking foot, a foot with a guide in the middle for stitching in the ditch, and an arm/guide thing for quilting evenly-spaced lines. I had sold my spinning wheel, so I had a bit of a spree. That same day, I picked up a 12.5 inch square ruler and a smaller square ruler. The larger square let me properly square up my blocks. I wasn't about to sash them before I did that.

2. I owned the new rulers for over a week before I could muster up the nerve to do the sashing. The more pieces you put together, the more chances you have of things not aligning. The turtles are in 4 rows of 4 now. I have to do the longer, freakier horizontal sashing yet. I have to get it done before Saturday.

3. I finished all the knitting on my greatly modified cardigan. I ordered buttons on Etsy. They're coming from France. I've sold a fair number of my brioche cowl knitting pattern (cowl, not bread), so I had enough in my PayPal account for buttons plus 4 fat quarters in cute baby boy prints.

4. Was in Portland this past weekend and went to the Fabric Depot. Wowza! I was overwhelmed. There were a trillion fabrics. I ended up finding a 13-stack of Robert Kaufman fat quarters in some pleasing basics at 40 percent off. Woohoo! I also got some Halloween costume supplies for the kid and some iron-on patching for the fave jeans with holes just starting.

5. I cast on a really cool tank top in linen.

6. I decided on afterthought heels on the socks-long-in-progress for hubby. The only downside I see with that heel is the kitchener stitch, but I can live with that.

7. I cast on a second Bad Oyster pattern for Auntie Inflammatory that will be just a bit bigger than the first one to sit around her neck better.

8. Once the turtles are sashed, I'll hope that the baby boy fat quarters have arrived and see what pattern they want to be. Can't wait!

The beginnings of the bad oyster.

.

1 comment:

  1. Omg you are blogging again, your posts crack me up, thanks!

    ReplyDelete