Jul 12, 2012

Dude, that was good

Saw the Yarn Harlot last night for the This is Your Brain on Knitting lecture. She was fan-freaking-tastic. I really wish I had tickets to the Knitting for Speed and Efficiency class today, but the session I wanted sold out so fast. I was able to get a ticket for the lecture last night for both myself and my Mum and that was a good score. A friend from work came too, and we all really enjoyed it. The room was packed, the laughs were loud, and the vindication was large.

Hellz yeah I should knit. A LOT. It's good for my brain.

I saw my friend from Yarn Camp - Karen. She was as awesome as always, flashing her handpainted (at Yarn Camp) yarn, and knitting up a hitchhiker with it. GORGEOUS!

There were no less than three people there from my guild, which was fantastic. One of them was the first person in line, happily standing there knitting on socks while she waited. She's a continental DPN sock knitter and her fingers move like lightning. It's fun watching her.

I met a husband and wife while waiting in line. They're both knitters and he was wearing a shirt that said "Knitters have balls". Love it.

Thanks so much to Fiona and Amanda of Knit Social for putting on the event. It was a really great night out.

3 comments:

  1. Knitting really is great, I wish some of the angry people in the world would give it a try! See you at Knit City maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you got to go! Glad it was as awesome as anticipated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not miss Knit City. I love that you keep coming to the coast, Karen! If you want a place to stay, let me know.

    Jennifer, your town is not one of the ones that the Yarn Harlot said she can't ever return to, so keep your fingers crossed that one of your local shops or committees will book her!

    ReplyDelete